Location: 22902 Banducci Road (View map)
Operated by the Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District the Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area is located amongst some of Tehachapi’s most beautiful natural scenery. In addition to year-round recreation including camping, fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing, Brite Lake is also the site of TVRPD’s Fishing Derby, Astronomy Club Star Parties, and other regional events!
The park offers both RV campground hook-ups and tent sites, as well as restrooms with showers. Picnic pavilions, fish cleaning stations and a dock are available all year long.
- Camping/RV Fees include one passenger vehicle access per site, per day. Additional vehicles require daily vechicle access/parking fees.
- All overnight camping is first-come first-serve, reservations are not accepted.
LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - TAKE ONLY MEMORIES
Brite Valley Aquatic Recreation Area provides the Greater Tehachapi Area with domestic and agriculture water supplies. Therefore, swimming, wading or any activity involving bodily contact with the water in the lake is prohibited. Continued use of the recreation area by the public is dependent upon the protection of the purity of the water for use as a domestic supply.
Annual Passes available at TVRPD District Office, 490 West D St, or at the Brite Lake Kiosk Motorized Vehicle $5.00 per day (passenger car, truck, or motorcycle) $20.00 per day (paasenger bus) $100.00 Annual Pass $50.00 Annual Senior Pass (62 and older) Annual passes are non-refundable and expire December 31. Permits must be visibly displayed on permit holders vehicle. TVRPD does not provide prorated passes. Anglers 16 years of age and older must possess a valid California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing License. Boat Launch $5.00 per day $30.00 Annual Pass No gasoline engines. Electric motors only.
All Group Pavilions $100.00 rental fee + $100.00 security deposit
Pavilion reservations and payment of fees must be made at least one week in advance at the Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District Office, 490 West D Street, (661) 822-3228 (directions).
All overnight camping is first-come first-serve, no reservations. Second day starts at 10:00 a.m. Camping fee includes access for one passenger vehicle. Additional vehicles require vehicle/parking passes. Overnight $ 20.00 Spaces 1-12: Electric & water hookups per night. $ 30.00 Spaces A-F: Full service electric, water & sewer per night. Tent Camping $ 15.00 All other spaces Dumping Fee Free For camp user $ 5.00 For non-camp user
Our camp hosts collect fees from park users, keep the bathrooms clean, pick up litter, and perform light grounds maintenance. Phone at the lake is 661-822-8047.
Larry & Donna Nires
Following careers in public works and university accounting, Larry and Donna retired to Tehachapi to be close to thier family and Brite Lake! Together they complement the TVRPD team in welcoming visitors and maintaining the Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area.
TVRPD would like to thank our camp hosts Larry & Donna Nires
for all their hard work at Brite Lake!
- Pay all use fees proir to entering Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area.
- Vehicular traffic is confined to designated roads. Speed limit is 15mph.
- Parking is limited to designated areas only.
- Off Highway Vechicle use strictly prohibited.
- Posession of firearms and weapons strictly prohibited.
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Clean up after pets.
- RV and Campsites are available on first come-first serve basis. No reservations.
- Quiet time is 10PM to 6AM.
- Camp fires are confined to camp fire rings.
- Check out time is 12 NOON
- Camp Hosts available 7AM-9PM (unless otherwise posted).
- Swimming and/or bodily contact with lake water is prohibited
- Daily fishing is permitted with valid California Department of Fish & Wildife Fishing License.
Fish (bag) limit
Trout – 5 fish per person, per day
All other species – 5 fish per person, per day*
*Any combination not to exceed a total of 5 fish whether same or mixed species. All bass must measure no less than 12 inches in length.
Map & Directions