Job Opening: TVRPD Tots Parent and Me Instructor
- Position: Tots Parent and Me Instructor
- Salary Range: $600 - $700 Monthly
- Reports to: TVRPD Recreation Supervisor and TVRPD Tot Enrichment Teacher
- Supervises: N/A
- Category: Contract
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of the TVRPD Recreation Supervisor and Tot Enrichment Instructor, the Parent and Me instructor has the primary responsibility to create age appropriate, fun-filled lessons that are in a safe and fair classroom setting through circle time, storytime, crafts, song/dance, games and activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and lead daily circle time lessons:
- ABC letter/sound recognition though Zoo Phonics
- Counting, colors, shapes
- Singing and dancing
- Activities and games
- Story time
- Create craft samples and crafts to be completed by parents and tots.
- Assist the Tot Enrichment teacher in events outside the classroom. Including, but not limited to, field trips, bake sale, meet and greet, vendor booth.
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism through appearance and or dress code.
- Displays a positive attitude and personality in the classroom and with families.
- Maintains appropriate and friendly relationships with families.
- Maintains healthy and open lines of communication with families, the Tot Enrichment Instructor and Recreation Supervisor.
- Set up and Clean up of all classroom activities daily.
- Vacuums all carpeting, sweeps all hard flooring daily.
- Sanitizes all surfaces used by parents and children.
- Empty all trash cans in the classroom.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper, and hand soap.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Core Competencies and Skill Sets:
- Knowledge in early child education.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning methods required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position are required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to function successfully within a team and individual environment.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to interact with parents/ guardians and co-workers in a positive and courteous manner.
- Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community.
- Ability to pass a fingerprint and background check.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Communicate effectively.
- Adhere to TVRPD core values and principles.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage work with limited direct supervision.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative with competent analytical and problem solving skills within established guidelines.
- Ability to operate effectively under stress; work in a flexible, adaptable, and resilient manner.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills/approaches.
- Understand, read, and follow instructions.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in early childhood education.
- 12 units of Early Childhood education units (preferred).
Licenses and Certificates:
- Valid California driver’s license; driving record must comply with District safety standards.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Perform work activities that include lifting, carrying, and moving objects; walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing; reading and communicating with others in writing and orally.
- Work environments include:
- Indoor classroom environment; and
- Outdoor environmental conditions regardless of weather conditions.
- Possess personal qualifications including emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with various organizations, respect for children and adults from various cultures and backgrounds, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Use of protective equipment per OSHA/Cal OSHA regulations is required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- TVRPD District employment application(144.50 KB)
- any applicable certifications
Candidates may submit required materials via mail or in person at the:
TVRPD District Office
490 West D Streett
Tehachapi, CA 93561 (view map/directions).
You may also email Recreation Supervisor .
Download Parent and Me Instructor job description(123.87 KB)