Location: 22902 Banducci Road (View map)
Operated by the Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District, the Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area is located amongst some of Tehachapi’s most beautiful natural scenery. In addition to year-round recreation including camping, fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing, Brite Lake is also the site of TVRPD’s Fishing Derby, Astronomy Club Star Parties, and other regional events!
The park offers both RV campground hook-ups and tent sites, as well as restrooms with showers. Picnic pavilions, fish cleaning stations and a dock are available all year long.
- Camping/RV Fees include one passenger vehicle access per site, per day. Additional vehicles require daily vechicle access/parking fees.
- All overnight camping is first-come first-serve, reservations are not accepted.
LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - TAKE ONLY MEMORIES
Brite Valley Aquatic Recreation Area provides the Greater Tehachapi Area with domestic and agriculture water supplies. Therefore, swimming, wading or any activity involving bodily contact with the water in the lake is prohibited. Continued use of the recreation area by the public is dependent upon the protection of the purity of the water for use as a domestic supply.
Walk In Free Motorized Vehicle $5.00 per day (passenger car, truck, or motorcycle) $20.00 per day (passenger bus) $100.00 Annual Pass $50.00 Annual Senior Pass (62 and older) Anglers 16 years of age and older must possess a valid California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing License. Boat Launch $5.00 per day $30.00 Annual Pass No gasoline engines. Electric motors only. Annual Passes available at TVRPD District Office, 490 West "D" Street (directions)
Annual passes are non-refundable and expire December 31. Permits must be visibly displayed on permit holders vehicle. TVRPD does not provide prorated passes.
All Group Pavilions $75.00/day reservation fee + $75.00 security deposit
Pavilion reservations and payment of fees must be made at least one week in advance at the TVRPD District Office, 490 West D Street, (661) 822-3228 (directions).
All overnight camping is first-come first-serve, no reservations. Second day starts at 10:00 a.m. Camping fee includes access for one passenger vehicle. Additional vehicles require vehicle/parking passes. Overnight $ 25.00 Spaces 1-12: Electric & water hookups per night. $ 35.00 Spaces A-F: Full service electric, water & sewer per night. Tent Camping $ 20.00 Tent Camping, All other spaces (13-35) Dumping Fee Free For camp users $ 5.00 For non-camp users
Our camp hosts collect fees from park users, keep the bathrooms clean, pick up litter, and perform light grounds maintenance. Phone at the lake is 661-221-2832.
- Pay all use fees prior to entering Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area.
- Vehicular traffic is confined to designated roads. Speed limit is 15mph.
- Parking is limited to designated areas only.
- Off Highway Vechicle use strictly prohibited.
- Posession of firearms and weapons strictly prohibited.
- RV and Campsites are available on first come-first serve basis. No reservations.
- Campers are allowed to stay 21 days consecutively, followed by a 7-day break.
- Maximum days in a calendar year to camp is 42 days.
- Quiet time is 10PM to 6AM.
- Camp fires are confined to camp fire rings.
- Check out time is 12 NOON.
- Camp Hosts available 7AM-9PM (unless otherwise posted).
- Three licensed, domesticated animals per campsite.
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Clean up after pets.
- Swimming and/or bodily contact with lake water is prohibited.
- Anglers 16+ must possess a valid California Department of Fish & Wildife Fishing License.
Fish (bag) limit
5 trout per person, per day
Catch and release bass
OR 5 catfish per person, per day
All bass must measure no less than 12 inches in length.