Brite Valley Aquatic Recreation Area
Location: 22902 Banducci Road ( View map )
View/download Brite Lake brochure(1.74 MB)
Owned by the Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District and operated by the Tehachapi Valley Recreation & Park District, the Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area is located amongst some of Tehachapi’s most beautiful natural scenery. In addition to year-round recreation including camping, fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing, Brite Lake is also the site of TVRPD’s Fishing Derby, Astronomy Club Star Parties, and other regional events!
The park offers both RV campground hook-ups and tent sites, as well as restrooms with showers. Picnic pavilions, fish cleaning stations and a dock are available all year long.
- Camping/RV Fees include one passenger vehicle access per site, per day. Additional vehicles require daily vehicle access/parking fees.
- Reservations for large groups of 4 or more campsites are accepted at the District Office, 490 West "D" Street (directions). Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Payment in full is due at time of reservation.
LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - TAKE ONLY MEMORIES
Brite Valley Aquatic Recreation Area provides the Greater Tehachapi Area with domestic and agriculture water supplies. Therefore, swimming, wading or any activity involving bodily contact with the water in the lake is prohibited. Continued use of the recreation area by the public is dependent upon the protection of the purity of the water for use as a domestic supply.
Walk In Free non-camp user Motorized Vehicle $5.00 per day (passenger car, truck, or motorcycle) $20.00 per day (passenger bus) $100.00 Annual Pass $50.00 Annual Senior Pass (62 and older) Anglers 16 years of age and older must possess a valid California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing License. Boat Launch $5.00 per day $30.00 Annual Pass No gasoline engines. Electric motors only. Annual Passes available at the Brite Lake Kiosk and TVRPD District Office, 490 West "D" Street, (661) 822-3228 ( directions )
Annual passes are non-refundable and expire December 31. Permits must be visibly displayed on permit holders vehicle. TVRPD does not provide prorated passes.
All Group Pavilions $100.00/day reservation fee + $100.00 security deposit
Pavilion reservations and payment of fees must be made at least two weeks in advance at the TVRPD District Office, 490 West D Street, (661) 822-3228 ( directions ).
Reservations for large groups of 4 or more campsites are accepted at the District Office, 490 West "D" Street (directions). Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Payment in full is due at time of reservation.
Camping fee includes access for one passenger vehicle. Additional vehicles require vehicle/parking passes.
* Check out time is 12:00 noon. * Campers are allowed to stay 21 days consecutively, proceeded by a 7-day break * Maximum days in a calendar year to camp is 42 days * 3 licensed, domesticated animals per site. Pets must be leashed at all times. Clean up after pets. Overnight $ 25.00 per night Spaces 1-12: Electric & water hookups. $ 35.00 per night Spaces A-F: Full service electric, water & sewer. Tent Camping $ 20.00 per night Tent Camping, All other spaces (13-35) $ 5.00 For non-camp users
Our camp hosts collect fees from park users, keep the bathrooms clean, pick up litter, and perform light grounds maintenance. Phone at the lake is 661-221-2832.
- Pay all use fees prior to entering Brite Lake Aquatic Recreation Area.
- Vehicular traffic is confined to designated roads. Speed limit is 10 MPH.
- Parking is limited to designated areas only.
- Off Highway Vechicle use strictly prohibited.
- Posession of firearms and weapons strictly prohibited.
- Quiet time is 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
- Camp fires are confined to camp fire rings.
- Camp Hosts available 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM (unless otherwise posted).
- Swimming and/or bodily contact with lake water is prohibited.
- Anglers 16+ must possess a valid California Department of Fish & Wildife Fishing License.
Fish (bag) limit
5 trout per person per day,
Catch and release bass,
OR 5 catfish per person per day