Dye Natatorium Pool
DYE NATATORIUM IS OPEN APRIL THROUGH AUGUST.
Location: 400-B South Snyder ( View map )
Named after TVRPD’s long-time District Manger, Walter A. Dye, TVRPD’s Dye Natatorium offers a heated, 25 yard, six lane pool complete with showers, changing rooms, restrooms, and private yard. Besides being the “coolest” place to spend your summer, “The Dye” offers Red Cross Lifeguarding and Jr. Lifeguard certifications, Red Cross Learn to Swim program, water aerobics and recreational swim. It is also home to the THS and Barracuda Swim teams.
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Lap Swim Etiquette
- When applicable lap swimmers should identify an individual with similar swimming ability to best facilitate lane sharing.
- Prior to entering an occupied lane a swimmer is required to seek permission from any current occupant(s).
- The following techniques are recommended when sharing a lane unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Abide by all published pool rules and/or policies enforced by lifeguards.
- Extend all common courtesies to others that you expect to be extended to you.
Note: TVRPD aquatic staff at their discretion reserves the right to direct swimmers to facilitate efficient lane sharing.
- All patrons entering the facility are required to pay the admission fee.
- A cleansing shower is required prior to entering pool.
- Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Children 6 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older while in the water and must remain at an arms length at all times.
- Children under 3 years of age or not potty trained must wear a water resistant swim diaper.
- Appropriate swim attire only. No cotton clothing.
- Persons with skin, eye, or nasal infections, open cuts or wounds, or communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets only. No other ﬂotation devices are allowed.
- Discard all trash in proper receptacles.
- Glass, drugs, and alcohol are not permitted. Anyone under the inﬂuence will be required to leave the premises.
- No abusive or profane language or breach of peace will be tolerated.
- No smoking in or around pool area.
- No breath holding.
- No goggles that cover the nose, snorkels or ﬁns.
- No food or beverage on the deck of the pool.
- No spitting, spouting of water, or inappropriate play in the pool area.
- No back dives, ﬂips, cartwheels, etc. Diving is permitted in designated areas only.
- Mandatory health breaks are enforced.
- TVRPD managers and staff are responsible for the strict enforcement of all rules and policies. Failure to comply with TVRPD policies and rules will result in ejection from facility.
Pool Rental Fees
The Dye Natatorium is available for private pool parties!
- Available on Sundays ONLY
- 50 people or less: $80.00/hour
- Over 50 people: $120.00/hour
- Security Deposit: $100.00
- 2 hour minimum
Schedule your party today at TVRPD District Office, 490 West “D” St. ( directions ) or call 661-822-3228. Pool reservations and payment of fees must be made at least two weeks in advance.
The Tehachapi Valley Recreation & Park District continues to seek high caliber Lifeguards, Lifeguard Instructors, Water Safety Instructors, and Aqua Fitness Instructors.
Lifeguards and WSIs must possess current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and pass a required TVRPD Lifeguard test (see below). Lifeguards must be able and willing to work in three areas of responsibility:
- Daily operations of the facility
- Light maintenance of the facility (daily, weekly, and special duties)
- Aquatic program support staff
Required Dye Natatorium Lifeguard Employment Test:
Swim 500 yards - no stopping
Tread water for 2 minutes
Retrieve a 10 lbs. object from 9 feet depth per Red Cross standards
Perform Passive Rescue and Victim Removal
Perform Submerged Rescue and Victim Removal
Perform CPR Skills Perform Spinal Management (Back Boarding in Shallow & Deepwater Rescue)View/download the American Red Cross Lifeguard Handbook(35.27 MB)