American Red Cross Junior Lifeguard Course
Junior Lifeguarding is designed to guide youth to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course by building a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. Participants are not required to master or perfectly execute skills. They should learn techniques and build stamina during this program.
The Junior Lifeguarding course does not certify participants in ﬁrst aid, CPR or AED or as a lifeguard.
Junior Lifeguarding is an effective transition from upper-level Learn-to-Swim courses to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program, challenging participants to stay involved with aquatics. The course also provides the participating agency with a known group from which to recruit future lifeguards. Junior Lifeguarding will introduce participants to:
- The skills needed for entry to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course
- Communication and decision-making skills
- The basic responsibilities of a lifeguard
- The basic knowledge and skills required to be a lifeguard
|Ages:||11-14 (must be 11 years old by the start of the course)|
|Dates:||July 10 – July 14|
|Time:||8:00 AM -1:00 PM |
* If necessary, Saturday, July 15 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
|Location:||Dye Natatorium pool, 400-B South Snyder (directions)|
|Includes:||* T-Shirt |
* Breakfast provided
* Lunch provided