Applicants must be a district resident and must be under 18 years of age.
Participants must provide one of the following for proof of eligibility:
• Proof that participant is eligible for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program
• Proof that sibling is eligible for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program (if participant is too young to attend school.
• Proof that family is eligible to receive assistance from the Department of Human Services
• Proof that family is eligible for food stamps
• Proof that family is eligible for Medi-Cal or Kern Family Health Care services
• Proof that family is eligible for WIC benefit
• The scholarship program is available to Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District residents.
• Scholarships will be awarded to applicants in accordance to scholarship criteria.
• Approved applicants will receive a scholarship for program registration up to $50 per person, per season. (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
• Any additional program fees above the awarded scholarship amount are due at the time of registration.
• All registration policies and procedures apply to scholarship applicants
• Upon completion of the application, Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District will notify the applicant by mail within two weeks of their scholarship status.
• All information submitted must be true and accurate. Financial assistance awarded on the basis of false information supplied by the applicant will be revoked.
• Scholarships are good for one year from date of approval.
• All requests for scholarships must be received within a minimum of three weeks prior to the start of any requested program or activity.
• Remaining scholarship money awarded for one season does not carry over to the next season. Future funds cannot be used for current programs.
• Qualifying individuals cannot transfer their scholarship to another qualifying individual
• Applications are available at the Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District office or online at www.tvrpd.org